- 1 Where do Viking River Cruises depart from in Amsterdam?
- 2 What is the most popular Viking River cruise?
- 3 When can you book Viking shore excursions?
- 4 Why are Viking River Cruises so expensive?
- 5 Is Viking doing river cruises in 2021?
- 6 Will Viking cancel river cruises?
- 7 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 8 Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
- 9 What is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 10 Are shore excursions included on Viking Ocean Cruises?
- 11 Is the beverage package worth it on Viking?
- 12 What is the dress code on Viking cruises?
- 13 Has Viking Cancelled any 2021 cruises?
- 14 How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
- 15 What is the cheapest river cruise?
Where do Viking River Cruises depart from in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam, Netherlands – a great river cruise destination Your Viking, AmaWaterways, Avalon Waterways or Uniworld river cruise port is behind Central Station on the River Ij, putting you right in the heart of Amsterdam. The port terminals are well-equipped.
What is the most popular Viking River cruise?
Have you dreamed of traveling through the heart of Europe? Your dream can become a reality with the Grand European Tour, the most popular river cruise offered by Viking Cruises. The 15-day voyage gives you highlights of the Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers.
When can you book Viking shore excursions?
Each day of your cruise is listed with options to book spa treatments, dining reservations, and shore excursions. Your cabin size will determine when you can book these options. Dates range from 60 to 107 days before your cruise.
Why are Viking River Cruises so expensive?
River cruises are actually only a bit more, because river cruise fares include many of the things that are extras on ocean cruises. Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher.
Is Viking doing river cruises in 2021?
Los Angeles (March 16, 2021 ) – Viking ® ( www. viking.com ) announced today that it will restart limited operations in May 2021 with three special sailings along the coast of England.
Will Viking cancel river cruises?
Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through May Viking Cruises has announced that its river and ocean operations will remain on hold through May 31, 2021, which means cruises won’t resume until June at the very earliest.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
Avalon has the addition of karaoke and a movie night once per cruise, while Viking offers up a veritable feast once per cruise that is themed for the region the ship is sailing through (think ‘Bavarian Feast’ for cruises on the Danube).
What is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Are shore excursions included on Viking Ocean Cruises?
Viking Ocean is designed for those who like to do bus shore excursions as part of their cruise package. Viking Ocean Cruises (like Viking River Cruises ) includes the cost of shore excursions in the price you pay. So the amount paid is higher by the amount of these included shore excursions.
Is the beverage package worth it on Viking?
The beverage package is well worth the price if you prefer a cocktail rather than beer or wine and if you wish to enjoy a drink before or after dinner. The included wine and beer is only during lunch and dinner. The package allows the top brands.
What is the dress code on Viking cruises?
What is the dress code? During the day, dress is casual including shorts (if the season is warm), slacks or jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for the Fitness Center, pool areas and Sports Deck.
Has Viking Cancelled any 2021 cruises?
Because a variety of travel restrictions in some regions of the world continue to make international and cruise ship travel particularly complicated, we have made the decision to cancel select previously scheduled 2021 departures on Viking Jupiter, Viking Sea, Viking Sky, Viking Star and Viking Venus.
How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
What is the cheapest river cruise?
Best Budget River Cruise Lines
- Gate 1 Travel. What it is: An American tour operator, Gate 1 Travel offers river cruises on ships that it owns and charters.
- A-Rosa. What it is: A-Rosa is a German river cruise line that has opened bookings for Americans in recent years.
- Emerald Waterways.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.