- 1 How do I get from Budapest Airport to Slovakia?
- 2 Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 3 How do I get from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 4 How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 5 How far is Bratislava from Budapest?
- 6 How much is train from Vienna to Bratislava?
- 7 Is it worth visiting Bratislava?
- 8 Is Bratislava safe?
- 9 How long is the train ride from Bratislava to Budapest?
- 10 How many days do you need in Bratislava?
- 11 What is Bratislava known for?
- 12 Where can I go from Bratislava?
How do I get from Budapest Airport to Slovakia?
The best way to get from Budapest Airport (BUD) to Slovakia is to bus which takes 3h 25m and costs 2 600 Ft – 3 700 Ft. Alternatively, you can train, which costs 4 800 Ft – 6 500 Ft and takes 4h 2m.
Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Budapest -Nyugati and arriving at Bratislava Hlavna Stanica. Services depart every four hours, and operate every day. The train from Budapest -Nyugati to Bratislava Hlavna Stanica takes 2h 23m including transfers and departs every four hours.
How do I get from Budapest to Bratislava?
Train is probably the best way to travel from Budapest to Bratislava. They are frequent (departing every 2 hours), comfortable and take only 2 hours and 30 minutes to get you from one capital to another. In Budapest trains depart from Nyugati station and in Bratislava they arrive to Hlavna Stanica (main train station).
How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Budapest to Bratislava by train
|Journey time||From 2h 23m|
|Distance||100 miles (161 km)|
|Frequency||12 trains per day|
How far is Bratislava from Budapest?
The distance between Bratislava and Budapest is 161 km.
How much is train from Vienna to Bratislava?
Vienna to Bratislava by train
|Journey time||From 1h 7m|
|Distance||34 miles (55 km)|
|Frequency||19 trains per day|
Is it worth visiting Bratislava?
Bratislava is definitely worth visiting if you expect to see something new and not expecting much comfort or super touristy attractions like in western europe. Before visiting, you need to understand that it was never meant to be a capital and was not built as one (unlike Prague, Budapest etc).
Is Bratislava safe?
Bratislava is a safe city to visit. Crime rates are low, even by European standards and violent crime is almost non-existent. Pickpockets are a problem, though much less so than in other European countries and top destinations. Still, bear in mind that they tend to roam around the city and tourist-frequented areas.
How long is the train ride from Bratislava to Budapest?
The average journey time by train between Bratislava and Budapest is 4 hours and 37 minutes, with around 12 trains per day.
How many days do you need in Bratislava?
If you have just two days in Bratislava, be sure to enjoy the best it has to offer. Besides the mainstay itinerary that includes a tour of the centre and a unique visit to the grounds of Bratislava Castle and its museum, you will be left with time enough to enjoy the best of our city.
What is Bratislava known for?
13 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Bratislava
- Bratislava Castle. Bratislava Castle at sunset.
- Michael’s Gate. Michael’s Gate.
- Slovak National Theatre. The old Slovak National Theatre.
- Kamzík TV Tower. Kamzik TV Tower at sunset.
- Grassalkovich Palace. Grassalkovich Palace.
- Primate’s Palace & Hall of Mirrors. Primate’s Palace.
- Danube River.
- Statues in the Old Town.
Where can I go from Bratislava?
10 Best Day Trips from Bratislava, Slovakia
- Devín Castle. One of the oldest castles in Slovakia is situated on a high cliff above the confluence of the Danube and Morava rivers.
- Boat Trip to Vienna.
- Červený Kameň Castle.
- Small-Carpathian Wine Route.
- Water Sports in Čunovo.
- Lake Neusiedl.