- 1 Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
- 2 How much is a river cruise on the Danube?
- 3 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 4 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 5 How long are river cruises in port?
- 6 Where does AmaWaterways dock in Amsterdam?
- 7 What is the best Danube River cruise?
- 8 Why are river cruises so expensive?
- 9 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 10 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Budapest?
- 12 Can you sail the whole Danube?
Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
How much is a river cruise on the Danube?
For the peak season, June 19, 2020 Delightful Danube cruise, Crystal lists a brochure fare for an entry level cabin as $11,398 per person, but special offers include a 2-for-1 fare of $5,699 per person and an additional $500 per person for booking “now.” The upgrade pricing reflected in the chart is for upgrading to a
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
How long are river cruises in port?
A river cruise can be defined as: Usually there are several port stops over the course of each passage. Typical river cruises often last longer than a week. Carry anywhere from 100 to 250 guests, depending on the ship size.
Where does AmaWaterways dock in Amsterdam?
Your Viking, AmaWaterways, Avalon Waterways or Uniworld river cruise port is behind Central Station on the River Ij, putting you right in the heart of Amsterdam. The port terminals are well-equipped.
What is the best Danube River cruise?
Best Danube River Luxury Small Ship Cruises
- Magna on the Danube – Vilshofen to Budapest.
- Magna on the Danube – Budapest to Vilshofen.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube.
- Gems of the Danube.
- Danube Waltz.
- Grand European Tour: Amsterdam to Budapest.
- The Legendary Danube – Cruise Only.
Why are river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the best month to go to Budapest?
The best times to visit Budapest are from March to May and September through November. These shoulder seasons are when the weather is idyllic and the city isn’t overcrowded with tourists. However, the climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels.
Can you sail the whole Danube?
The only major European river to flow west to east, the Danube River originates in Germany’s Black Forest. You can sail on it to eight countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia.