- 1 How many locks are there between Passau and Budapest?
- 2 How many locks does the Rhine have?
- 3 Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
- 4 Where are the locks on the Danube?
- 5 How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
- 6 What river goes from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 7 Are there locks on the Rhine?
- 8 How many locks are on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Basel?
- 9 Is Rhine a canal?
- 10 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 11 What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- 12 What is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 13 Where does the Danube start and stop?
- 14 Can you sail up the Danube?
How many locks are there between Passau and Budapest?
The Danube end of the canal is 107.3 metres (352 ft) higher than the Main end. There are a further 18 locks on the Danube itself, each a part of a hydro-electric dam generating power. It is fascinating watching the whole lock -passage process.
How many locks does the Rhine have?
Locks – There are 10 locks, all built as part of important hydroelectric power schemes.
Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
Where are the locks on the Danube?
It reaches a height of more than 406 metres (1,332 feet) over the Swabian Alps, south of Nürnberg. Barge approaching the Kelheim lock on the Main- Danube Canal, southern Bavaria, Germany.
How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
The 68 River Locks from Budapest to Amsterdam.
What river goes from Amsterdam to Budapest?
Enjoy an European river cruise on the Danube river that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Budapest. The capital of the Netherlands is a great starting point with plenty of canals to explore on your way to the Anne Frank House or to the Van Gogh museum.
Are there locks on the Rhine?
Rhine River – The locks on the Rhine are 9 or 10 metres (29 or 33 feet) high except for two locks in Strasbourg.
How many locks are on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Basel?
Amsterdam to Basel ( Rhine ): 14 locks.
Is Rhine a canal?
The Rhine –Main–Danube Canal (German: Rhein -Main-Donau-Kanal; also called Main-Danube Canal, RMD Canal or Europa Canal ), in Bavaria, Germany, connects the Main and the Danube rivers across the European Watershed, running from Bamberg via Nuremberg to Kelheim.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- #1. Viking Orion. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #1. Viking Sun. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Sea. Viking Ocean Cruises. #3 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Star. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #3. Viking Sky. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #6. Viking Jupiter. Viking Ocean Cruises.
What is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Where does the Danube start and stop?
The longest river in the European Union, the Danube River is the second-longest river in Europe after Russia’s Volga. It begins in the Black Forest region of Germany and runs through 10 countries (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine) on its way to the Black Sea.
Can you sail up the Danube?
You can go up the Rhine and down the Danube, there has been a canal linking the two for several years now, Currents are the biggest challenge, you need a reasonably powerful motor for the upstream part especially in the spring. It depends at what time of year you plan to do it.