- 1 Is Wieliczka Salt Mine worth visiting?
- 2 How long does the salt mine tour take?
- 3 Are the salt mines in Krakow worth visiting?
- 4 How far is Auschwitz from salt mines?
- 5 How much is a taxi from Krakow to salt mines?
- 6 How many steps in salt mines Krakow?
- 7 How much is entry to salt mines in Krakow?
- 8 How deep are the salt mines in Krakow?
- 9 Where can I tour a salt mine?
- 10 Is it cheaper to book Auschwitz tour in Krakow?
- 11 How long does it take to travel from Krakow to Auschwitz?
- 12 How do you get from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine?
Is Wieliczka Salt Mine worth visiting?
Both Auschwitz concentration camp and Wieliczka Salt mine are worth visiting, but it’s better to split the visit into 2 days. After Auschwitz you will probably need mental rest (maybe some peaceful walk), but definitely not rushing into Wieliczka mine.
How long does the salt mine tour take?
How long is the tour? A walk on the Tourist Route lasts about 2 hours – after that time visitors can return to the surface. It is also possible to visit the underground exhibition of the Cracow Saltworks Museum and extend the trip to 3 hours.
Are the salt mines in Krakow worth visiting?
No stay in Krakow would be complete without a visit to the impressive Wieliczka Salt Mine. With over 1.5 million visitors per year, the Krakow salt mines is one of Poland’s most popular attractions.
How far is Auschwitz from salt mines?
On the way, you can have a lunch break. The journey from Auschwitz Birkenau to Wieliczka Salt Mine takes about 1.5 hour. In Wieliczka Salt Mine it is not possible to walk on your own. You can either book a private guided tour or join a regular guided tour that takes about 2-2.5 hours.
How much is a taxi from Krakow to salt mines?
The quickest way to get from Kraków to Wieliczka Salt Mine is to taxi which costs 45 zł – 55 zł and takes 17 min.
How many steps in salt mines Krakow?
The tourists will descend the 380 stairs to the first level of the Mine situated 64 metres underground. The entire route consists of some 800 stairs – as no longer lunch break is included in the itinerary, please remember to take comfortable clothes and footwear.
How much is entry to salt mines in Krakow?
A non-Polish adult ticket is 79PLN, which is about $21.
How deep are the salt mines in Krakow?
The Wieliczka Salt Mine reaches a depth of 327 meters, and extends via horizontal passages and chambers for over 287 kilometers (178 miles).
Where can I tour a salt mine?
- Hutchinson Zoo.
- Smith’s Market.
- Dillon Nature Center.
- Mall 8 Hutchinson Theatre.
- The Alley of Hutchinson.
- Reno County Museum.
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center.
Is it cheaper to book Auschwitz tour in Krakow?
For as little as 25 PLN, you can get to and from Auschwitz. However, you will have to arrange your own tickets and tour of Auschwitz. For the most convenient option, join a small tour group to Auschwitz. The price to arrange a private tour is just slightly more expensive than arranging your own driver and guide.
How long does it take to travel from Krakow to Auschwitz?
The journey to Auschwitz takes around 1.5 hours.
How do you get from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine?
Access by public transport
- By suburban train — board at the Krakow Główny station and get off at the Wieliczka Rynek Kopalnia station. You can walk from the station to the Mine in a few minutes.
- By bus line 304 — board the at the Dworzec Główny Zachód stop near Galeria Krakowska.