- 1 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 2 Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
- 3 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 4 Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 5 Are water levels low on the Danube?
- 6 What is the weather like on the Danube in September?
- 7 What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
- 8 What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- 9 What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
- 10 Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
- 11 What is the most beautiful river cruise?
- 12 Is Viking a luxury cruise line?
- 13 How do I get from Budapest to Bratislava by train?
- 14 How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 15 How long is the train from Budapest to Bratislava?
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Budapest -Nyugati and arriving at Bratislava Hlavna Stanica. Services depart every four hours, and operate every day. The train from Budapest -Nyugati to Bratislava Hlavna Stanica takes 2h 23m including transfers and departs every four hours.
Are water levels low on the Danube?
Water levels aren’t uniform. That is to say, if there’s low water on the Danube, the entire Danube isn’t affected. In 2014, water levels were too low for many ships to pass between the German cities of Passau and Regensburg. In past years, the stretch heading across the Austria-Hungary border has been problematic.
What is the weather like on the Danube in September?
September starts out with average highs around 76 degrees Fahrenheit; that falls to afternoon highs around 67 by the end of the month. Low- temperature averages go from 56 degrees at the start of the month to 48 degrees by September 30. But these are middle-of-the-night temperatures and won’t affect daily doings.
What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
average age 70 and older.
What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- #1. Viking Orion. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #1. Viking Sun. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Sea. Viking Ocean Cruises. #3 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Star. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #3. Viking Sky. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #6. Viking Jupiter. Viking Ocean Cruises.
What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
Best Time to Visit the Regions
|Location||Best Time to Travel|
|Cologne||May, June, July, August, and September|
|Rotterdam||June, July, August, and September|
|Strasbourg||May, June, July, August, and September|
Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
AmaWaterways is a wonderful pick for passengers who want to be active or travel with children as well as those who want more amenities onboard. Viking is a good choice for passengers who desire adults-only vacations that include immersive port experiences.
What is the most beautiful river cruise?
10 Best River Cruises around the World
- Douro Cruise.
- Mississippi River Cruise.
- Kerala Backwaters Cruise.
- Volga River Cruise.
- Rhine River Cruise.
- Mekong River Cruise.
- Danube River Cruise.
- Yangtze River Cruise.
Is Viking a luxury cruise line?
Cruise Fever fans named Viking “Best Luxury Cruise Line ” in the 2017 Cruise Fever Fan Awards.
How do I get from Budapest to Bratislava by train?
Train is probably the best way to travel from Budapest to Bratislava. They are frequent (departing every 2 hours), comfortable and take only 2 hours and 30 minutes to get you from one capital to another. In Budapest trains depart from Nyugati station and in Bratislava they arrive to Hlavna Stanica (main train station).
How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Budapest to Bratislava by train
|Journey time||From 2h 23m|
|Distance||100 miles (161 km)|
|Frequency||12 trains per day|
How long is the train from Budapest to Bratislava?
The average journey time by train between Budapest and Bratislava is 4 hours and 1 minute, with around 12 trains per day. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays, so use our Journey Planner on this page to search for a specific travel date.