- 1 Is December a good time to visit Budapest?
- 2 Is Budapest good in December?
- 3 What clothes to wear in Budapest in December?
- 4 Is Budapest nice at Christmas?
- 5 What is there to do in Budapest at Christmas?
- 6 Does Budapest have a Christmas market?
- 7 Where should a first time tourist stay in Budapest?
- 8 Are the thermal baths in Budapest open in December?
- 9 Is it cold in Budapest in December?
- 10 What date is the Christmas market in Budapest?
- 11 How do I get from Budapest airport to city Centre?
- 12 What currency do I take to Budapest?
- 13 How many days do you need in Budapest?
- 14 Is Budapest Christmas market good?
- 15 How do they celebrate Christmas in Hungary?
Is December a good time to visit Budapest?
The best times to visit Budapest are from March to May and September through November. These shoulder seasons are when the weather is idyllic and the city isn’t overcrowded with tourists. However, the climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels.
Is Budapest good in December?
And Budapest in december does what it does best: promising you an unforgettable experience of festivals, ice-skating in a fairy-tale setting, Christmas markets and magical tram rides that only this city can offer.
What clothes to wear in Budapest in December?
What to Wear in Budapest in Winter
- Wear layers. Don’t be afraid to throw some base layers under your main clothing.
- Bring winter boots with a good grip. Unfortunately, the city isn’t the best at clearing and de-icing sidewalks, which means they can get slippery.
- Wear a long coat.
Is Budapest nice at Christmas?
From fairy lights to wooden ornaments, from spiced mulled wine to roasted chimney cake, Budapest is a wonderfully festive place to celebrate the Christmas holidays. For a fun few days of festive celebrations and sightseeing, follow my ‘ Christmas in Budapest ‘ itinerary below!
What is there to do in Budapest at Christmas?
10 things to do in Budapest during winter
- Christmas markets. The Christmas market on St.
- City Park Ice Rink.
- Basilica light show.
- Spas and thermal baths.
- Hungarian State Opera House.
- Christmas light tram.
- River Danube Cruise.
- Ruin bars.
Does Budapest have a Christmas market?
The Hungarian capital is teeming with tinkling market stalls and majestic architecture, so you’ve really got it all at your fingertips during a Budapest Christmas market break. Enjoy a cup of mulled wine, a bite of sweet chimney cake and a dash of festive cheer.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Budapest?
The 6 Best Neighborhoods in Budapest for Tourists
- Castle District. The historic Castle District encompasses the hilly area on the Buda, or west bank side of the Danube River.
- Belváros & Parliament.
- Jewish Quarter.
- Óbuda & Margaret Island.
- Palace District.
- City Park & Around.
Are the thermal baths in Budapest open in December?
Szechenyi Baths is open in winter months, making the thermal bath and pools one of the major attractions and winter things to do in Budapest, Hungary. Not only the indoor, but also the outdoor pools are open in winter.
Is it cold in Budapest in December?
Few cities in the world offer as much winter charm as Budapest in December. Sure, the Hungarian capital is cold and snowy, but it’s also a festive time in the city, beginning with St. In between events, warm up in one of Budapest’s many thermal baths or by sipping on a hot glass of mulled wine.
What date is the Christmas market in Budapest?
Last year, in the online voting of the European Best Destinations, the series of events chosen as the most beautiful Christmas market in Europe awaits its visitors from November 20 until the first day of the new year in front of St. Stephen’s Basilica in one of the most impressive squares of the Hungarian capital.
How do I get from Budapest airport to city Centre?
The most convenient way to get to the city centre is by hiring a Budapest airport taxi. Though it will cost approximately 26€ (8045 HUF), it will only take 35 minutes to reach your destination. The alternative cheaper option is the bus.
What currency do I take to Budapest?
The official currency is the Hungarian Forint (HUF) in Hungary. However you can pay with Euros at several places The hungarian banks offer better exchange rates than the foreign ones, so it’s better to exchange money in Budapest than getting Hungarian Forints abroad
How many days do you need in Budapest?
If you are wondering how many days in Budapest you need, two days is adequate to see the whole city, as long as you’re efficient. Three days will allow you to get to more of the top attractions at a slower pace. You can add a fourth day if you want plenty of time to relax.
Is Budapest Christmas market good?
Budapest offers some of the best Christmas markets in Europe, an absolute must if the December festivities are your favorite. Budapest Christmas markets are great if you are looking for unique, locally made gifts, and also if you want to eat and drink some Hungarian specialties.
How do they celebrate Christmas in Hungary?
At Christmas, the family members come together and celebrate. On 24 December, people decorate the tree with ornaments and put the wrapped presents under it. On Holy Night, Hungarians listen to holiday songs such as “Silent Night” and sing or attend Christmas mass.