- 1 What can you do on a river cruise?
- 2 What is included on a scenic river cruise?
- 3 How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
- 4 Are river cruises worth it?
- 5 What can you not do on a river cruise?
- 6 Do River Cruises sail at night?
- 7 Are scenic river cruises good?
- 8 Which river cruise lines are all inclusive?
- 9 What is the best river cruise line?
- 10 Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
- 11 What is the cheapest river cruise?
- 12 How much does it cost to go on a Viking River cruise?
- 13 Why river cruises so expensive?
- 14 What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
- 15 Are river cruises boring?
What can you do on a river cruise?
11 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do on a River Cruise
- You can live in a floating boutique hotel.
- Unpack your suitcase once.
- Enjoy a leisurely brunch every day.
- Let loose at a silent disco.
- Complimentary yoga and TRX classes.
- Eat locally inspired farm-to-table cuisine.
- Drink bespoke cocktails & take mixology classes.
- Glamp on a rooftop deck.
What is included on a scenic river cruise?
A Scenic river cruise is a truly all-inclusive experience. All your meals, drinks, shore excursions, return flights and even all gratuities, transfers and taxes are included.
How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
Are river cruises worth it?
Most river cruises are not a good choice for families or for people who enjoy extensive on-board entertainment. The daily costs for these trips generally are higher than for ocean-going cruises, although that is not always the case.
What can you not do on a river cruise?
Here are our tips of what NOT to do on a river cruise.
- Don’t think you ‘re going to have a lot of downtime.
- Don’t try to pack too much in.
- Don’t feel the need to schedule extra excursions.
- Don’t skip trying the food and drink in local ports.
- Don’t ignore when the ship sails — and from where.
- Don’t underpack.
Do River Cruises sail at night?
River cruising consists of three main activities: dining, cruising and touring. Cruising from one destination to the next often takes place at night while passengers are sleeping, but sometimes the cruises will also sail during the day, giving passengers an opportunity to relax or enjoy the scenery.
Are scenic river cruises good?
Scenic is great for travelers who are happy to pay higher fares for more inclusions and not be faced with a large bar tab, a bill for additional excursions or tips at the end of their cruise.
Which river cruise lines are all inclusive?
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Uniworld are the pinnacle of all – inclusive river cruising; Included in your cruise fare is, in-suite butler service, all gratuities, on board dining, exclusive excursions, on board lectures & entertainment, shipwide Wi-Fi and more.
What is the best river cruise line?
The top 10 winners in the category Best River Cruise Line are as follows:
- Viking River Cruises.
- Avalon Waterways.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Riviera River Cruises.
- European Waterways.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
If you’ve been a reader of our website and newsletter, you’re certain to know that we’ve been offering our clients and readers a fairly stable diet of last – minute, unadvertised specials on Viking River Cruises over the past year.
What is the cheapest river cruise?
Best Budget River Cruise Lines
- Gate 1 Travel. What it is: An American tour operator, Gate 1 Travel offers river cruises on ships that it owns and charters.
- A-Rosa. What it is: A-Rosa is a German river cruise line that has opened bookings for Americans in recent years.
- Emerald Waterways.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
How much does it cost to go on a Viking River cruise?
Viking River Cruises is one of the first river cruise lines to help set the river cruising standard. Viking River Cruises start off at around $1,800 and are great for people who want a large selection of destinations to choose from.
Why river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Crystal Cruises. Guest suite on the Crystal Bach river cruise ship.
- U by Uniworld.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
Are river cruises boring?
The experience of a river cruise is very different from that of a land-based vacation or an ocean cruise but the majority of people won’t find river cruising boring. River cruises definitely aren’t for everybody.