- 1 What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
- 2 How long are river cruises in port?
- 3 What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
- 4 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 5 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 6 What is the best Danube River cruise?
- 7 Do European river cruises travel at night?
- 8 What do you do on a river cruise?
- 9 What can I expect from a river cruise?
- 10 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 11 Are water levels low on the Danube?
- 12 What can you not do on a river cruise?
- 13 Where do Viking River cruise ships dock in Budapest?
What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
How long are river cruises in port?
A river cruise can be defined as: Usually there are several port stops over the course of each passage. Typical river cruises often last longer than a week. Carry anywhere from 100 to 250 guests, depending on the ship size.
What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
Five Things You Should Know About Danube River Cruises
- You’re Going To Be Docked In Weird Places.
- Say Hello To Your Ship Neighbours.
- The Eastern Danube Is Very Different From The West.
- Prime Attractions Are Crowded At Peak Times.
- You’re Going To Learn To Love Locks.
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
What is the best Danube River cruise?
Best Danube River Luxury Small Ship Cruises
- Magna on the Danube – Vilshofen to Budapest.
- Magna on the Danube – Budapest to Vilshofen.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube.
- Gems of the Danube.
- Danube Waltz.
- Grand European Tour: Amsterdam to Budapest.
- The Legendary Danube – Cruise Only.
Do European river cruises travel at night?
River cruising consists of three main activities: dining, cruising and touring. Cruising from one destination to the next often takes place at night while passengers are sleeping, but sometimes the cruises will also sail during the day, giving passengers an opportunity to relax or enjoy the scenery.
What do you do on a river cruise?
11 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do on a River Cruise
- You can live in a floating boutique hotel.
- Unpack your suitcase once.
- Enjoy a leisurely brunch every day.
- Let loose at a silent disco.
- Complimentary yoga and TRX classes.
- Eat locally inspired farm-to-table cuisine.
- Drink bespoke cocktails & take mixology classes.
- Glamp on a rooftop deck.
What can I expect from a river cruise?
What to Expect on Your First River Cruise
- The atmosphere on board is friendly and sociable.
- You’ll travel in comfort.
- The food is spectacular.
- You can leave the ball gown at home.
- You’ll be docked right in the middle of towns.
- There’s plenty of freedom.
- Life along the river is fascinating.
- River cruising is anything but sedentary.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
Are water levels low on the Danube?
Water levels aren’t uniform. That is to say, if there’s low water on the Danube, the entire Danube isn’t affected. In 2014, water levels were too low for many ships to pass between the German cities of Passau and Regensburg. In past years, the stretch heading across the Austria-Hungary border has been problematic.
What can you not do on a river cruise?
Here are our tips of what NOT to do on a river cruise.
- Don’t think you ‘re going to have a lot of downtime.
- Don’t try to pack too much in.
- Don’t feel the need to schedule extra excursions.
- Don’t skip trying the food and drink in local ports.
- Don’t ignore when the ship sails — and from where.
- Don’t underpack.
Where do Viking River cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.