- 1 What is the best Danube River cruise?
- 2 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 3 Which river in Europe is a popular cruise destination?
- 4 Are river cruises a good way to see Europe?
- 5 What is the most beautiful river cruise?
- 6 What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- 7 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 8 What is the weather like on the Danube in April?
- 9 What is the best month to go to Budapest?
- 10 What is the cheapest river cruise line?
- 11 What is the best time of year for a European river cruise?
- 12 What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
- 13 Are river cruises worth the money?
- 14 What is the longest river cruise in Europe?
- 15 Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
What is the best Danube River cruise?
Best Danube River Luxury Small Ship Cruises
- Magna on the Danube – Vilshofen to Budapest.
- Magna on the Danube – Budapest to Vilshofen.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube.
- Gems of the Danube.
- Danube Waltz.
- Grand European Tour: Amsterdam to Budapest.
- The Legendary Danube – Cruise Only.
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
Which river in Europe is a popular cruise destination?
The Danube is Europe’s most popular river, and most cruises sail between Budapest, Hungary and Vilshofen or Nuremberg, Germany.
Are river cruises a good way to see Europe?
Unlike oceangoing ships that carry as many as 5,000 passengers, most river cruise ships accommodate around 150 guests, for a more intimate experience. European cruises can be a great way to see the continent’s best sites from the comfort of your ship’s cabin.
What is the most beautiful river cruise?
10 Best River Cruises around the World
- Douro Cruise.
- Mississippi River Cruise.
- Kerala Backwaters Cruise.
- Volga River Cruise.
- Rhine River Cruise.
- Mekong River Cruise.
- Danube River Cruise.
- Yangtze River Cruise.
What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- #1. Viking Orion. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #1. Viking Sun. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Sea. Viking Ocean Cruises. #3 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Star. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #3. Viking Sky. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #6. Viking Jupiter. Viking Ocean Cruises.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the weather like on the Danube in April?
March, April and May: Springtime in Europe can get quite rainy, and there’s often still a chill in the air; bring layers. The spring months can lead to flooding on parts of the Danube, due to the snow melting in the mountains.
What is the best month to go to Budapest?
The best times to visit Budapest are from March to May and September through November. These shoulder seasons are when the weather is idyllic and the city isn’t overcrowded with tourists. However, the climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels.
What is the cheapest river cruise line?
Best Budget River Cruise Lines
- Gate 1 Travel. What it is: An American tour operator, Gate 1 Travel offers river cruises on ships that it owns and charters.
- A-Rosa. What it is: A-Rosa is a German river cruise line that has opened bookings for Americans in recent years.
- Emerald Waterways.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
What is the best time of year for a European river cruise?
Best Times to Take European River Cruises The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
Top 5 Best River Cruise Lines
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
Are river cruises worth the money?
Most river cruises are not a good choice for families or for people who enjoy extensive on-board entertainment. The daily costs for these trips generally are higher than for ocean-going cruises, although that is not always the case.
What is the longest river cruise in Europe?
If you’ve missed European travel during lockdown, AmaWaterways’ new offering is likely to pique your interest. The luxury river cruise line is offering a Seven River Journey Through Europe itinerary—which is being billed as the longest -ever river cruise in history.
Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
Avalon has the addition of karaoke and a movie night once per cruise, while Viking offers up a veritable feast once per cruise that is themed for the region the ship is sailing through (think ‘Bavarian Feast’ for cruises on the Danube).