- 1 How do I get to Budapest by train from UK?
- 2 Is there a train from London to Budapest?
- 3 Can I travel to Hungary by train?
- 4 Is there a train from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 5 Is Hungary an expensive country?
- 6 How long is the train from Paris to Budapest?
- 7 What airports fly direct to Budapest?
- 8 How long is the flight to Budapest from England?
- 9 Are there two airports in Budapest?
- 10 How much is a flight to Hungary?
- 11 How far is Hungary from London?
- 12 How do you get to Budapest?
- 13 How far is Budapest from Netherlands?
- 14 What should we do in Budapest?
- 15 How do I get from Budapest to Prague?
How do I get to Budapest by train from UK?
London to Budapest
- Option 1, mid-afternoon Eurostar to Brussels, Nightjet sleeper to Vienna and EuroCity train to Budapest.
- Option 2, morning Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Munich, sleeper to Budapest.
- Option 3, morning Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Munich, overnight stop, railjet to Budapest.
- Option 4, the scenic route!
Is there a train from London to Budapest?
It takes an average of 5h 47m to travel from London to Budapest by train, over a distance of around 898 miles (1446 km). There are normally 3 trains per day travelling from London to Budapest and tickets for this journey start from €115.90 when you book in advance.
Can I travel to Hungary by train?
Explore Hungary easily using just one rail -pass. From the capital Budapest to the smaller cities of Debrecen, Szeged, Eger and more, train travel is one of the quickest, and by far the most comfortable way to travel Hungary and Europe.
Is there a train from Amsterdam to Budapest?
The average journey time by train between Amsterdam and Budapest is 19 hours and 55 minutes, with around 14 trains per day. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays, so use our Journey Planner on this page to search for a specific travel date.
Is Hungary an expensive country?
Traveling in Hungary can be slightly more expensive than many countries in Eastern Europe. The larger cities in particular are comparable in price to many places in Western Europe, although it is still possible to find some affordably priced hostels and restaurants.
How long is the train from Paris to Budapest?
How long does the train from Paris to Budapest take? The average journey time by train between Paris and Budapest is 19 hours and 57 minutes, with around 12 trains per day.
What airports fly direct to Budapest?
You can fly directly to Budapest from the following UK airports:
- London Gatwick Airport.
- London Heathrow Airport.
- London Stansted Airport.
- London Luton Airport.
- Bristol Airport.
- Birmingham Airport.
- East Midlands Airport.
- Manchester Airport.
How long is the flight to Budapest from England?
The total flight duration from London, United Kingdom to Budapest, Hungary is 2 hours, 19 minutes.
Are there two airports in Budapest?
3 Best Airports In Budapest. Drenched in history and culture, the city is full of colors, and the airports in Budapest too offer a sight to behold. Though there are only three functional Budapest airports in the present, they make it incredibly easy to get to the heart of Hungary’s capital.
How much is a flight to Hungary?
Good to know
|Low season||January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 2% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 6% increase in price.|
|Average price round-trip||$813||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round-trip||$547||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$256||or less|
How far is Hungary from London?
The distance between London and Hungary is 1496 km.
How do you get to Budapest?
The most common ways to get to Budapest are by plane, train or by road by either car or bus – although you can even get a boat from Viena and Bratislava. Located in the heart of Central Europe, Budapest is relatively easy to get to.
How far is Budapest from Netherlands?
The distance between Budapest and Netherlands is 1098 km. The road distance is 1397.1 km.
What should we do in Budapest?
Best things to do in Budapest
- Szimpla Kert. What is it?
- Fisherman’s Bastion. What is it?
- Szechenyi Spa Baths. What is it?
- Langosh. What is it?
- Great Market Hall. What is it?
- The Chain Bridge. What is it?
- The Shoes on the Danube Bank. What is it?
- Flippermúzeum. What is it?
How do I get from Budapest to Prague?
It takes an average of 10h 2m to travel from Budapest to Prague by train, over a distance of around 274 miles (441 km). There are normally 17 trains per day travelling from Budapest to Prague and tickets for this journey start from $33.99 when you book in advance.