- 1 How do you get from Budapest to Slovakia?
- 2 Is Bratislava cheaper than Budapest?
- 3 How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 4 Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
- 5 Is it worth visiting Bratislava?
- 6 How far is Budapest from Slovakia?
- 7 Is Bratislava cheaper than Vienna?
- 8 Is Hungary cheaper than Italy?
- 9 What is Bratislava known for?
- 10 How many days do you need in Bratislava?
- 11 Is Bratislava safe?
- 12 How long is the train ride from Bratislava to Budapest?
- 13 How far is Bratislava from Budapest?
- 14 How do you buy train tickets in Budapest?
- 15 How long is train from Vienna to Budapest?
How do you get from Budapest to Slovakia?
Train is probably the best way to travel from Budapest to Bratislava. They are frequent (departing every 2 hours), comfortable and take only 2 hours and 30 minutes to get you from one capital to another. In Budapest trains depart from Nyugati station and in Bratislava they arrive to Hlavna Stanica (main train station).
Is Bratislava cheaper than Budapest?
Budapest is 19.3% cheaper than Bratislava.
How much is train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Budapest to Bratislava by train
|Journey time||From 2h 23m|
|Distance||100 miles (161 km)|
|Frequency||12 trains per day|
Is there a direct train from Budapest to Bratislava?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Budapest -Nyugati and arriving at Bratislava Hlavna Stanica. Services depart every four hours, and operate every day. The train from Budapest -Nyugati to Bratislava Hlavna Stanica takes 2h 23m including transfers and departs every four hours.
Is it worth visiting Bratislava?
Bratislava is definitely worth visiting if you expect to see something new and not expecting much comfort or super touristy attractions like in western europe. Before visiting, you need to understand that it was never meant to be a capital and was not built as one (unlike Prague, Budapest etc).
How far is Budapest from Slovakia?
The distance between Budapest and Slovakia is 142 km.
Is Bratislava cheaper than Vienna?
Despite its vicinity to Vienna, Bratislava is not a popular stop for those on a European tour. Much cheaper than Vienna, this city has a pleasant atmosphere and a nice historic town centre worth visiting for a day or two.
Is Hungary cheaper than Italy?
Hungary is 42.0% cheaper than Italy.
What is Bratislava known for?
13 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Bratislava
- Bratislava Castle. Bratislava Castle at sunset.
- Michael’s Gate. Michael’s Gate.
- Slovak National Theatre. The old Slovak National Theatre.
- Kamzík TV Tower. Kamzik TV Tower at sunset.
- Grassalkovich Palace. Grassalkovich Palace.
- Primate’s Palace & Hall of Mirrors. Primate’s Palace.
- Danube River.
- Statues in the Old Town.
How many days do you need in Bratislava?
If you have just two days in Bratislava, be sure to enjoy the best it has to offer. Besides the mainstay itinerary that includes a tour of the centre and a unique visit to the grounds of Bratislava Castle and its museum, you will be left with time enough to enjoy the best of our city.
Is Bratislava safe?
Bratislava is a safe city to visit. Crime rates are low, even by European standards and violent crime is almost non-existent. Pickpockets are a problem, though much less so than in other European countries and top destinations. Still, bear in mind that they tend to roam around the city and tourist-frequented areas.
How long is the train ride from Bratislava to Budapest?
The average journey time by train between Bratislava and Budapest is 4 hours and 37 minutes, with around 12 trains per day.
How far is Bratislava from Budapest?
The distance between Bratislava and Budapest is 161 km.
How do you buy train tickets in Budapest?
Train tickets (costs cc. 400 HUF) can be purchased at the ticket office at Ferihegy train station (open: 6.00-18.00 every day) or from ticket vending machines.
How long is train from Vienna to Budapest?
Train options for Vienna to Budapest
|Train||High-speed train||Regional train|
|Travel time||2hrs 50 minutes||4hrs 15 minutes|
|Seat reservations||Mandatory||Not required|
|Stations||Vienna (Wien) Meidling – Budapest Keleti||Vienna (Wien) Hbf- Budapest Keleti|