- 1 Is Prague or Budapest better?
- 2 How do I get from Amsterdam to Prague?
- 3 Is Vienna or Budapest better?
- 4 How long is train from Amsterdam to Prague?
- 5 Is Prague better than Vienna?
- 6 How many days do I need for Budapest?
- 7 How many days do you need in Prague?
- 8 What is the nearest city to Prague?
- 9 How far is Amsterdam from Prague by plane?
- 10 What is the best time of year to go to Vienna?
- 11 Do they speak English in Vienna?
- 12 Is Vienna or Salzburg better?
- 13 Where should I go outside of Amsterdam?
- 14 How do I get from Prague to Budapest?
- 15 How much is the train from Prague to Vienna?
Is Prague or Budapest better?
If you are short on time, Prague will be the better choice seeing as it’s a smaller, walkable city with better day trip options. If you have a little more time and happen to love food, Budapest will give you a few more options to fill your days, plus, the thermal spas are world-class.
How do I get from Amsterdam to Prague?
Amsterdam – Prague by Train There are no direct trains between Amsterdam and Prague. The rail journey can be done easily during the daytime with a single stop in Berlin (Germany) and this takes around 12 hours 30 minutes.
Is Vienna or Budapest better?
When it comes to just straight-up staring at (and photographing) the cityscape, the Budapest vs Vienna contest is clear: Budapest wins, hands down. While Vienna is a beautiful and regal city, from above, it tends to appear quite modern and is set against a flat setting that doesn’t add a lot of texture.
How long is train from Amsterdam to Prague?
How long does the train from Amsterdam to Prague take? The average journey time by train between Amsterdam and Prague is 14 hours and 48 minutes, with around 20 trains per day.
Is Prague better than Vienna?
Vienna is magnificent and grandiose, whereas Prague is picturesque and medieval. Vienna is famous for its elegant coffee houses, while Prague is well-known for its beer gardens. Prague has better nightlife with its countless pubs and great beer. Unlike Vienna, many young Europeans go to Prague for holidays or weekends.
How many days do I need for Budapest?
If you are wondering how many days in Budapest you need, two days is adequate to see the whole city, as long as you’re efficient. Three days will allow you to get to more of the top attractions at a slower pace. You can add a fourth day if you want plenty of time to relax.
How many days do you need in Prague?
To really see Prague, it’s best to visit for four to five days. That will allow you to see all the main sites and get a sense of the city’s culture. This post will show you how to create a manageable itinerary as you visit Prague.
What is the nearest city to Prague?
Major cities near Prague, Czech Republic
- 119 km to Dresden, Germany.
- 139 km to Chemnitz, Germany.
- 183 km to Brno, Czech Republic.
- 204 km to Leipzig, Germany.
- 216 km to Wroclaw, Poland.
- 238 km to Halle, Germany.
- 249 km to Vienna, Austria.
- 252 km to Nuremberg, Germany.
How far is Amsterdam from Prague by plane?
How long does a flight from Prague to Amsterdam take? An average nonstop flight takes 1h 30m, covering a distance of 438 miles.
What is the best time of year to go to Vienna?
The best time to visit Vienna is from April to May or September to October. The mild weather in spring and fall brings mild crowds. Most visitors aim to enjoy the warm, sunny weather that Vienna experiences in the summer months. Between June and August, you can expect the city to fill up and room rates to skyrocket.
Do they speak English in Vienna?
In the first district of Vienna, a major tourist area, many people do in fact speak English. But outside that district most shop people, even restaurant people do not, or speak very little. Again, this is a German speaking country and it would be very useful to put aside the “everyone speaks English ” attitude.
Is Vienna or Salzburg better?
As far as mountain scenery and outdoor adventures go, Salzburg comes out on top. While Vienna boasts enormous, well-manicured Stadtpark and a location adjacent to beautiful Vienna Woods, it simply can’t beat Salzburg’s access to the Alps. You can take a stroll in Vienna, but you can take a hike in Salzburg.
Where should I go outside of Amsterdam?
12 Top-Rated Day Trips from Amsterdam
- Keukenhof Gardens. Keukenhof Gardens.
- Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee Museum. Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee Museum.
- Alkmaar Cheese Market. Alkmaar Cheese Market.
- Historic Haarlem. Historic Haarlem.
- Zaanse Schans Open-Air Museum. Zaanse Schans Open-Air Museum.
- Bruges. Bruges.
- Brussels. Brussels.
- Delft. Delft.
How do I get from Prague to Budapest?
Trains depart from Praha hlavní nádraží station and take under seven hours to get to the Budapest Keleti railway station. Once you get to Budapest, you can hop on the metro to get to the city center in just a few minutes—or walk alongside the Danube river and reach the heart of Budapest in about 40 minutes.
How much is the train from Prague to Vienna?
The price of train tickets from Prague to Vienna starts at $13.81 one-way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance. Booking on the day is usually more expensive and costs can vary depending on the time of day, route or class.