- 1 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 2 How much is a river cruise on the Danube?
- 3 How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
- 4 Can you sail down the Danube?
- 5 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 6 Is the water level low in the Danube?
- 7 What is the best Danube River cruise?
- 8 Why are European river cruises so expensive?
- 9 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 10 Are river cruises boring?
- 11 How safe is Budapest?
- 12 What is the Danube river famous for?
- 13 What do you wear on the Danube cruise in December?
- 14 What is there to do on the Danube River cruise?
- 15 What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
How much is a river cruise on the Danube?
For the peak season, June 19, 2020 Delightful Danube cruise, Crystal lists a brochure fare for an entry level cabin as $11,398 per person, but special offers include a 2-for-1 fare of $5,699 per person and an additional $500 per person for booking “now.” The upgrade pricing reflected in the chart is for upgrading to a
How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
Budapest River Cruises: from 8 Euros to 88 Euros Tickets to the Budapest river cruises start from a simple Day Cruise boat ride with a welcome drink at 10 Euros, up to 88 Euros for VIP river cruises (e.g. the cruise -dinner-music-drink-fireworks Fireworks Budapest River Cruise on Aug 20).
Can you sail down the Danube?
The only major European river to flow west to east, the Danube River originates in Germany’s Black Forest. You can sail on it to eight countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
Is the water level low in the Danube?
Water levels aren’t uniform. That is to say, if there’s low water on the Danube, the entire Danube isn’t affected. In 2014, water levels were too low for many ships to pass between the German cities of Passau and Regensburg. In past years, the stretch heading across the Austria-Hungary border has been problematic.
What is the best Danube River cruise?
Best Danube River Luxury Small Ship Cruises
- Magna on the Danube – Vilshofen to Budapest.
- Magna on the Danube – Budapest to Vilshofen.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube.
- Gems of the Danube.
- Danube Waltz.
- Grand European Tour: Amsterdam to Budapest.
- The Legendary Danube – Cruise Only.
Why are European river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Are river cruises boring?
The experience of a river cruise is very different from that of a land-based vacation or an ocean cruise but the majority of people won’t find river cruising boring. River cruises definitely aren’t for everybody.
How safe is Budapest?
Take sensible precautions against petty crime. Bag snatching and pick-pocketing are common, especially in Budapest. Be particularly careful on busy public transport, in train stations, at markets and at other places frequented by tourists. Theft of and from vehicles is common.
What is the Danube river famous for?
The longest river in the European Union, the Danube River is the second-longest river in Europe after Russia’s Volga. It begins in the Black Forest region of Germany and runs through 10 countries (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine) on its way to the Black Sea.
What do you wear on the Danube cruise in December?
What to Pack for a European Winter River Cruise
- Thermal leggings, thermal tops, thermal everything – just think thermal.
- A long coat as well as scarves, gloves and hats – you need them.
- One “ dress -to-impress” item – the rest of your wardrobe should be casual.
What is there to do on the Danube River cruise?
- Budapest, Hungary. When people think of the Danube River, one of the first things to come to mind is probably an image of Budapest.
- Vienna, Austria. Vienna is the epitome of European class and grace.
- Passau, Germany.
- Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Melk Abbey, Austria.
- The Iron Gates.
- Esztergom Cathedral, Hungary.
- Regensburg, Germany.
What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
Five Things You Should Know About Danube River Cruises
- You’re Going To Be Docked In Weird Places.
- Say Hello To Your Ship Neighbours.
- The Eastern Danube Is Very Different From The West.
- Prime Attractions Are Crowded At Peak Times.
- You’re Going To Learn To Love Locks.