- 1 What is included in a Viking River cruise?
- 2 Are gratuities mandatory on Viking River Cruises?
- 3 What do you wear on a Viking River cruise?
- 4 How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
- 5 What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
- 6 Are shore excursions included on Viking Ocean Cruises?
- 7 What should you not buy on a cruise?
- 8 How much do you tip on a 7 day cruise?
- 9 What is the tipping policy on Viking River Cruises?
- 10 Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
- 11 Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
- 12 Is a balcony on a cruise worth it?
- 13 Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
- 14 Are Viking River Cruises Worth the money?
- 15 What is the cheapest river cruise?
What is included in a Viking River cruise?
Viking Inclusive Value
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call.
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Visits to UNESCO Sites.
- Enrichment lectures & Destination Performances.
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner.
- 24-hour specialty coffees, teas & bottled water.
- Port taxes & fees.
Are gratuities mandatory on Viking River Cruises?
Yes, tips are required on Viking as well as most other river cruise companies. Viking river cruises have pre-set suggested tip amounts per passenger per day that you can prepay or pay onboard.
What do you wear on a Viking River cruise?
So comfortable, casual wear will make up the majority of your wardrobe.
- Comfortable trousers or jeans are best, or if the weather calls for it, shorts or skirts are also appropriate.
- Lightweight, breathable tops.
- A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather. (
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunglasses.
How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
average age 70 and older.
Are shore excursions included on Viking Ocean Cruises?
Viking Ocean is designed for those who like to do bus shore excursions as part of their cruise package. Viking Ocean Cruises (like Viking River Cruises ) includes the cost of shore excursions in the price you pay. So the amount paid is higher by the amount of these included shore excursions.
What should you not buy on a cruise?
Here are four generally overpriced items you shouldn’t buy on a cruise ship.
- Mainstream Liquor. Unless you ‘re shopping for a rare vintage, local liqueur or brand that’s not available where you live, we suggest not spending your money on booze.
- Personal Care Products.
How much do you tip on a 7 day cruise?
Most cruise lines suggest tipping $10 to $12 per day per passenger (not per couple), regardless of age. For a seven-day cruise, this means each cruiser should budget at least $70 for gratuities, or $140 per cabin for two people.
What is the tipping policy on Viking River Cruises?
$10 per person, per day, Viking tour escort. Credit card or cash in envelopes. Tips in Egypt, Southeast Asia Portugal must be cash-only.
Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
6. Don’t skip formal night – REPEAT: DO NOT SKIP FORMAL NIGHT! Gone, for the most part, are the days of tuxedos and ball gowns on “ formal night.” There are still cruise lines that require formal wear, including sports jackets for men on formal night. However, in general, cruising has become more casual.
Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
If you ‘re wondering what to wear on a cruise during dinner in the main dining room, meals at specialty restaurants, or shows in the theater, the Celebrity Cruises dress code for these occasions is smart casual. For women, this means skirts, pants, or jeans with a casual top.
Is a balcony on a cruise worth it?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
If you’ve been a reader of our website and newsletter, you’re certain to know that we’ve been offering our clients and readers a fairly stable diet of last – minute, unadvertised specials on Viking River Cruises over the past year.
Are Viking River Cruises Worth the money?
At the end of the day, when it comes to river cruising, you get what you pay for. Viking is certainly not the cheapest option on the water, but, they may just be the best. It may take a bit longer to save for a Viking cruise, but, it is definitely worth it – because YOU are worth it!
What is the cheapest river cruise?
Best Budget River Cruise Lines
- Gate 1 Travel. What it is: An American tour operator, Gate 1 Travel offers river cruises on ships that it owns and charters.
- A-Rosa. What it is: A-Rosa is a German river cruise line that has opened bookings for Americans in recent years.
- Emerald Waterways.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.