- 1 How do I get to Budapest by train from UK?
- 2 How do you get to Budapest from UK?
- 3 What is the cheapest way to get from Vienna to Budapest?
- 4 How do I get from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 5 Is Hungary an expensive country?
- 6 How long is the train from Paris to Budapest?
- 7 What UK airports fly direct to Budapest?
- 8 Who flys direct to Budapest from UK?
- 9 How long is a flight from the UK to Budapest?
- 10 How much is a train ticket from Budapest to Vienna?
- 11 How many days do you need in Budapest?
- 12 Is Vienna a boring city?
- 13 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 14 How far is Budapest from Amsterdam?
- 15 How far is Budapest from Netherlands?
How do I get to Budapest by train from UK?
London to Budapest
- Option 1, mid-afternoon Eurostar to Brussels, Nightjet sleeper to Vienna and EuroCity train to Budapest.
- Option 2, morning Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Munich, sleeper to Budapest.
- Option 3, morning Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Munich, overnight stop, railjet to Budapest.
- Option 4, the scenic route!
How do you get to Budapest from UK?
It takes an average of 29h 20m to travel from London to Budapest by train, over a distance of around 898 miles (1446 km). There are normally 3 trains per day travelling from London to Budapest and tickets for this journey start from €115.90 when you book in advance.
What is the cheapest way to get from Vienna to Budapest?
Taking the bus is the cheapest way to travel from Vienna to Budapest. Buses traveling from Vienna to Budapest depart from Vienna’s Erdberg bus station and take approximately 3 hours to arrive at Budapest’s Könyves Kálmán körút bus station. Buses are an average of €16 cheaper than taking the train.
How do I get from Amsterdam to Budapest?
It takes an average of 19h 29m to travel from Budapest to Amsterdam by train, over a distance of around 712 miles (1145 km). There are normally 18 trains per day travelling from Budapest to Amsterdam and tickets for this journey start from €46.90 when you book in advance.
Is Hungary an expensive country?
Traveling in Hungary can be slightly more expensive than many countries in Eastern Europe. The larger cities in particular are comparable in price to many places in Western Europe, although it is still possible to find some affordably priced hostels and restaurants.
How long is the train from Paris to Budapest?
How long does the train from Paris to Budapest take? The average journey time by train between Paris and Budapest is 19 hours and 57 minutes, with around 12 trains per day.
What UK airports fly direct to Budapest?
You can fly directly to Budapest from the following UK airports:
- London Gatwick Airport.
- London Heathrow Airport.
- London Stansted Airport.
- London Luton Airport.
- Bristol Airport.
- Birmingham Airport.
- East Midlands Airport.
- Manchester Airport.
Who flys direct to Budapest from UK?
British Airways fly direct from London to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International (BUD). The flight takes just 2 hours and 25 minutes.
How long is a flight from the UK to Budapest?
How long is the flight from London to Budapest? From 2 hours 20 minutes direct.
How much is a train ticket from Budapest to Vienna?
The price of train tickets from Budapest to Vienna starts at $18.72 one-way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance. Booking on the day is usually more expensive and costs can vary depending on the time of day, route or class.
How many days do you need in Budapest?
If you are wondering how many days in Budapest you need, two days is adequate to see the whole city, as long as you’re efficient. Three days will allow you to get to more of the top attractions at a slower pace. You can add a fourth day if you want plenty of time to relax.
Is Vienna a boring city?
Vienna is a really boring city if you only see the surface tourist attractions. I should know, I used to think it was utterly pointless to visit back in 2012. It was pretty, sure, but boring compared to the buzz of Berlin’s nightlife, Prague’s history, or Amsterdam’s canals, bikes and indie clothing stores.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
How far is Budapest from Amsterdam?
Amsterdam to Budapest by train
|Journey time||From 14h 48m|
|Distance||712 miles ( 1145 km )|
|Frequency||19 trains per day|
How far is Budapest from Netherlands?
The distance between Budapest and Netherlands is 1098 km. The road distance is 1397.1 km.