- 1 What river runs from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 2 How far is Szentendre from Budapest?
- 3 Can you take a boat from Budapest to Vienna?
- 4 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 5 What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
- 6 What is the best river cruise line?
- 7 What should we do in Budapest?
- 8 How do I get from Szentendre to Budapest?
- 9 Is the train ride from Budapest to Vienna scenic?
- 10 Is Budapest a walkable city?
- 11 What is the best time of year to visit Vienna?
- 12 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Budapest?
- 14 Are water levels low on the Danube?
What river runs from Amsterdam to Budapest?
Enjoy an European river cruise on the Danube river that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Budapest. The capital of the Netherlands is a great starting point with plenty of canals to explore on your way to the Anne Frank House or to the Van Gogh museum.
How far is Szentendre from Budapest?
Distance from Budapest to Szentendre is 19 kilometers. This air travel distance is equal to 12 miles. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Budapest and Szentendre is 19 km = 12 miles.
Can you take a boat from Budapest to Vienna?
There is a six hour Danube cruise that takes you from Vienna to Budapest and back on a high speed hydrofoil. This is the fastest of all boat trips between the two cities. Added benefit: You are free to explore both cities at your own speed and taste.
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the best river cruise line?
The top 10 winners in the category Best River Cruise Line are as follows:
- Viking River Cruises.
- Avalon Waterways.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Riviera River Cruises.
- European Waterways.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
What should we do in Budapest?
Best things to do in Budapest
- Szimpla Kert. What is it?
- Fisherman’s Bastion. What is it?
- Szechenyi Spa Baths. What is it?
- Langosh. What is it?
- Great Market Hall. What is it?
- The Chain Bridge. What is it?
- The Shoes on the Danube Bank. What is it?
- Flippermúzeum. What is it?
How do I get from Szentendre to Budapest?
The quickest and cheapest way to reach Szentendre from Budapest is via the HÉV suburban rail line, which you can take from either the Batthyány Square or Margit híd, budai hídfő stations.
Is the train ride from Budapest to Vienna scenic?
Scenery. It’s worth pointing out, straight off the bat, that the journey from Vienna to Budapest is not the most scenic – it’s flat and the countryside is fairly uneventful, which means this isn’t a journey you make for the views… unless you’re big into wind turbines that is!
Is Budapest a walkable city?
As previous posters noted, it’s a very walkable city. Budapest is incredibly walkable, though, as has been pointed out, the metro can be a time saver.
What is the best time of year to visit Vienna?
The best time to visit Vienna is from April to May or September to October. The mild weather in spring and fall brings mild crowds. Most visitors aim to enjoy the warm, sunny weather that Vienna experiences in the summer months. Between June and August, you can expect the city to fill up and room rates to skyrocket.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the best month to go to Budapest?
The best times to visit Budapest are from March to May and September through November. These shoulder seasons are when the weather is idyllic and the city isn’t overcrowded with tourists. However, the climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels.
Are water levels low on the Danube?
Water levels aren’t uniform. That is to say, if there’s low water on the Danube, the entire Danube isn’t affected. In 2014, water levels were too low for many ships to pass between the German cities of Passau and Regensburg. In past years, the stretch heading across the Austria-Hungary border has been problematic.