- 1 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 2 Are Danube river cruises safe?
- 3 How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
- 4 Where do river cruises depart from in Budapest?
- 5 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 6 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 7 What is the best river cruise on the Danube?
- 8 Will there be river cruises in 2021?
- 9 Are European river cruises safe?
- 10 Are river cruises boring?
- 11 What should we do in Budapest?
- 12 How safe is Budapest?
- 13 Where do Viking ships dock in Budapest?
- 14 Where does Avalon dock in Budapest?
- 15 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
Are Danube river cruises safe?
Rest assured, keeping passengers safe when traveling is a paramount concern of river cruise lines. Although security procedures on river cruise ships aren’t as formal as you might see on the much larger ocean vessels, all cruise lines have security procedures in place to protect passengers.
How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
Budapest River Cruises: from 8 Euros to 88 Euros Tickets to the Budapest river cruises start from a simple Day Cruise boat ride with a welcome drink at 10 Euros, up to 88 Euros for VIP river cruises (e.g. the cruise -dinner-music-drink-fireworks Fireworks Budapest River Cruise on Aug 20).
Where do river cruises depart from in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
What is the best river cruise on the Danube?
Best Danube River Luxury Small Ship Cruises
- Magna on the Danube – Vilshofen to Budapest.
- Magna on the Danube – Budapest to Vilshofen.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube.
- Gems of the Danube.
- Danube Waltz.
- Grand European Tour: Amsterdam to Budapest.
- The Legendary Danube – Cruise Only.
Will there be river cruises in 2021?
Vessels from Tauck and Uniworld Boutique River Cruises will join the growing number of ships on Portugal’s Douro in 2021, with ships that were delivered new but won’t have sailed with paying passengers until they are a year old. Tauck’s new river ship, the Andorinha, which is set to sail on Portugal’s Douro next year.
Are European river cruises safe?
The safety record on river ships is impressive. You are even safer cruising the Rhine than you are flying to Dubai, and a long international flight is one of the safest things you can do. Almost nothing is as statistically safe as flying on a commercial jet. But river cruising is even safer.
Are river cruises boring?
The experience of a river cruise is very different from that of a land-based vacation or an ocean cruise but the majority of people won’t find river cruising boring. River cruises definitely aren’t for everybody.
What should we do in Budapest?
Best things to do in Budapest
- Szimpla Kert. What is it?
- Fisherman’s Bastion. What is it?
- Szechenyi Spa Baths. What is it?
- Langosh. What is it?
- Great Market Hall. What is it?
- The Chain Bridge. What is it?
- The Shoes on the Danube Bank. What is it?
- Flippermúzeum. What is it?
How safe is Budapest?
Take sensible precautions against petty crime. Bag snatching and pick-pocketing are common, especially in Budapest. Be particularly careful on busy public transport, in train stations, at markets and at other places frequented by tourists. Theft of and from vehicles is common.
Where do Viking ships dock in Budapest?
Your ship is docked at the Viking Pier located between the Elizabeth Bridge and the Chain Bridge on the Pest side of the city. The docking location is at Magdeburg Pier.
Where does Avalon dock in Budapest?
|Possible Docking Position||Address|
|Mahart Nr. 1 – 5||Pesti alsó rkp., 1052 Budapest|
|Mahart Nr. 6||Salkaházi Sára rkp.m, 1093 Budapest|
|Mahart Nr. 7||Salkaházi Sára rkp.m, 1093 Budapest|
|Mahart Nr. 8 – 9||Nehru part 1093 Budapest, Ungarn|
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.