- 1 Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
- 2 Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
- 3 Where does Danube River cruise start and end?
- 4 Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
- 5 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 6 How long are river cruises in port?
- 7 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 8 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 9 What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
- 10 What is the best time of year to cruise the Danube River?
- 11 Why are river cruises so expensive?
- 12 Does Prague sit on the Danube?
- 13 Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 14 What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
- 15 What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
AmaWaterways is a wonderful pick for passengers who want to be active or travel with children as well as those who want more amenities onboard. Viking is a good choice for passengers who desire adults-only vacations that include immersive port experiences.
Where does Danube River cruise start and end?
Most Danube River cruises either start or end in Budapest or Vienna, but the port city on the other end of the cruise can vary, usually depending on the length of the cruise. Shorter sailings tend to favor Nuremberg and Passau, Germany. A lower Danube cruise will begin or end in Bucharest, Romania.
Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
How long are river cruises in port?
A river cruise can be defined as: Usually there are several port stops over the course of each passage. Typical river cruises often last longer than a week. Carry anywhere from 100 to 250 guests, depending on the ship size.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the best time of year to cruise the Danube River?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
Why are river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
Does Prague sit on the Danube?
Prague is often listed as a starting or ending point of a cruise; however, Prague is not located on the Danube River. It’s about 140 miles north of Passau and about 190 northeast of Nuremberg.
Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
The Best European River Cruises (Video)
- Viking River Cruise in Portugal. Credit: Courtesy of Viking River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruise state room.
- Salamanca, Spain.
- Uniworld river cruise along the Danube.
- Uniworld river cruise luxury suite.
- Uniworld river cruise pool.
- Cologne, Germany.
- Crystal Cruise vista bar.
What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
average age 70 and older.
What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
Best Time to Visit the Regions
|Location||Best Time to Travel|
|Cologne||May, June, July, August, and September|
|Rotterdam||June, July, August, and September|
|Strasbourg||May, June, July, August, and September|